Welcome to Paradise!


Wednesday 29 October 2014

Wilko & Superdrug HAUL+REVIEW (St. Moriz, Herbal Essences, Nivea, Vaseline...)

Hello!

When I moved to the UK I realized that here is SO much more stores just for beauty products, and regular stores offer a bigger collection of products! So needless to say I was excited :D!
So, this month I went to Superdrug and Wilko, and I thought it would be fun to show what I got, and tell a little about the products :) 

Hope you like it!






From Superdrug:
Simple, Kind to Skin, protecting light moisturiser SPF 15.
Carmex, Lime Twist moisturising lip balm SPF 15.
Vaseline, Spray&Go, body moisturiser in aloe fresh scent.

So, I've had these products for a while now and can definitely tell a little about them.

I really wanted to like the moisturiser from Simple, but it is not good! I had acne last year, and finally got rid of it this summer, and this product almost gave it back. I like the concept, moisturising, not oily, SPF 15, vitamins and suitable for sensitive skin. BUT after two days of using it I got two blemishes on my skin, and after 5 days of using it, I had five pimples and then decided to stop using it. When I went back to my old moisturiser, my face cleared back to normal. I think it is the SPF which clogged my pores and caused the blemishes. So, if you have acne-prone skin, I wouldn't recommend this moisturiser for you. If you have normal, oily skin (because it is a light moisturiser, so not for dry skin), but you don't tend to get blemishes, I think this product would be worth a try :)

I LOVE this lip balm from Carmex!! The moisture lasts for a long time, and the scent is fresh. I like how it tingles on my lips when I put it on, it means its doing something :D AND it also has SPF 15, which is always nice to have. 

Easy, breezy, Vaseline. This moisturiser is so convenient! I spray it on my legs and arms and then just rub it in and wait for a moment, and it leaves the skin soft and moist (hate that word :D), but not greasy as it says on the bottle too. It is not as fast as they promise on the packaging, you do have to wait for a while to let it sink in your body. This would be great in the hot summer days, because it also has a cooling effect when you spray it on, which lasts for a while. The only bad thing about this I have to mention, is that it sprays a little all over the place! So I don't recommend using this in a bathroom, where the floor may be wet, it will get slippery..



From Wilko:
Herbal Essences Fresh balance, clarifying shampoo.
Nivea Lip Butter, in the scent Blueberry Blush.
Nivea, Daily essentials, light moisturising day cream SPF 15.
St. Moriz, Instant self tanning mousse, Dark.
Imperial Leather, Foamburst, luxurious body wash, in the scent uplifting lime & grapefruit.

LUV this Herbal Essences clarifying shampoo. It leaves my hair very smooth and clean, as it promises. It also says on the bottle that it will leave your hair smelling citrusy, but to me it smells like artificial watermelon scent, which is really nice :D. I don't use this shampoo every day, because it is kinda harsh on your hair, and leaves it dry if using it every day. So if you already have really dry and damaged, especially dyed, hair, I would be careful with this. 

Nivea lip butter leaves your lips very smooth and it smells very nice! I like this product soooo much, I have it in another scent too, vanilla & macadamia, also really good. I use this every night, and my lips are smooth in the morning too. They both have shea butter and almond oil, which are moisturising ingredients. 

This Nivea light moisturising day cream I actually bought today to replace my Simple moisturiser. I am a little skeptical, because this also has SPF 15, so we will see how my skin reacts to this :D I hope it is good tho, and will write a review on that if someone is interested! It promises to provide "intensive" moisture and refresh the skin. It also has vitamin E and some other fancy stuff :D

I'm not gonna talk about this St. Moriz instant self tanning mousse so much, because I was thinking about doing a tanning routine post or maybe a video :o If some one is interested :D So I will talk about that more later. Briefly, it is a good self tanner :)

Last, Imperial Leather, foamburst body wash was just an experiment and I was so excited :D It just caught my eye and I have never tried one of these before so I decided to try it. I like the concept, how it promises that the lather will glide on your skin like silk and leaves it soft and smooth. It is supposed to be so smooth, that you could shave with it. Now, the consistency is very weird. When you spray it, it feels like shaving gel, and when you start to lather it, it starts to smell a lot like chemicals. It is nice and it leaves my skin clean, like a normal body wash, but I guess my expectations were too high for this product :D

Das it.

I will do these hauls more on the future and also I will review the Nivea moisturiser and St. Moriz tanning mousse in the future too. I hope someone liked this post and find it helpful :) Comments are always welcome, so if there is anything you want to say or ask, leave it in the comments!

Thank you for reading!

-S from Paradise x


BONUS
Song of the day: Justin Bieber-Swap it out (Love this song)
Color of the day: Black
Food of the day: Pomegranate
Drink of the day: Cranberry juice








No comments:

Post a Comment